A great logo depends on using a skilled logo designer, but there are other factors at play. If you want to ensure that you have the best possible chances to get quality work out of your designer, then there is a lot of information that you need to have before the designing work even begins.
- Name of the company. The name that you choose for the logo will have a tremendous impact on how successful the overall logo ends up being. In order to achieve the best results, you will want a name that is appropriate for the industry you are in, as well as relatable to your target audience. Moreover, it should also be creative in order to ensure that it is memorable. Originality is also a plus so make sure that it is not similar to any of your competitors or any other well-known brand, for that matter. Lastly, being well-designed for SEO purposes will help people find it easily on the internet.
- Coming up with a good tagline can provide a lot of inspiration for the designer. It should be evocative and catchy and provide extra information about your brand.
- Speaking of brand, this is something that you need to have well-defined before starting on the logo. Facts like the values of your brand, the personality, the colours associated with it will all have an impact on the overall design of the logo.
- You should have established your marketing plan before coming up with logo designs because the two are connected. Using striking characters is better for adverts while powerful icons are effective for apps and other online sources. You want to make sure that the elements in your logo blend well with your marketing strategies.
- You need to consider if there is an underlying concept or idea that forms the basis for your brand. If you find it, then this definitely needs to play a role in the design of the logo, as well.
This is the information that will help you form a great logo design brief and make it a lot easier for a professional designer to come up with a logo that is relevant and memorable for your business.