If you have an existing website, or have purchased a static website from us, then chances are that at some stage you are going to need to change something on your site.
It could be something simple like changing a contact number, replacing a picture, adding some more text on the homepage, or something more drastic, like adding a new page, creating a new photo gallery or changing some of the design elements.
Anyway, these kinds of changes are really simple and easy to do (most of the time…), that is, IF you have some web design knowledge. If you don’t have any web design skills, or don’t have the time to teach yourself the basics, don’t fret – we will gladly help you with your requests!
How much will maintenance cost me?
Our maintenance charges are calculated on an half-hourly rate.
Whenever we get new maintenance in to do, we keep time on how long it takes, and then invoice you accordingly.
If we do, however, see that the changes requested are very big, then we will quote you first before proceeding.
A good idea is to try and gather all your required maintenance changes for your website until you have enough to keep us busy for at least 30 minutes. If you just send us through a new telephone number, which shouldn’t take longer than about 5 minute, you will get a invoice for half an hour work. If the change takes 25 minutes, however, then you’ll still only get a half an hour invoice for the work.
If you would like us to do some maintenance on your website, just drop us an email with your request, and we’ll get on it asap!
Note: If you have an existing website that was not done by us, we will need the following FTP details from you to be able to do any maintenance on your website:
- FTP address (will be something like ftp.yourwebsiteaddress.com.au for example)
- FTP username
- FTP password
If you have an existing content management system, be sure to send the relevant usernames and passwords through as well – also the link to the admin login for your CMS.
A few guidelines when submitting changes
Here are a few pointers when submitting changes for your website:
- It’s a good idea to have the changes be in a Word Document, with all the formatting, paragraphs, spacing and images that you want on your website – one Word Document per page.
- Also give us the full URL of the page you are requesting the changes on – if your website has hundreds of pages, it can take quite a while to search through the whole site for that specific page – that searching will also be included in the time it took to make your changes.
- Rather too big images than too small – small images cannot be made bigger (well, they can, but you’ll regret it, as they look horrible!) – rather send in bigger images – we will resize them for you.
- Remember, we are web designers, so if you have a beauty salon, for example, then we can assure you that we do not know much about your business, so when requesting changes to be made to your website, be as clear and specific as possible – this saves time and money!
- If you follow these guidelines when requesting us to make changes to your website, it should be a smooth and effortless process.
Contact us here if you need some maintenance done to your existing website.